There are lots of great WordPress plugins that can help you manage content and do a number of other things, and it is important that you know about the best ones if you want to make your website as profitable as possible.
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to determine whether or not they look like spam. Some of the features of this plugin include:
- Automatic checking of comments with spam filters
- Status history for each comment, so you will be able to see which specific comments were flagged or cleared by Akismet and which ones were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- Discard feature that completely blocks the worst spam, helping you to conserve disk space while increase the overall speed of your site.
This plug is one of the most popular for WP users because it is so effective and serves a very useful purpose as well as its variety of features.
- Google Analytics by Yoast
This WP plugin allows you to track your WordPress site easily using the latest tracking codes along with added data for search result pages. Some of the features of this plugin include:
- Easy and straightforward integration with Google Analytics API. Simply authenticate and select the website you want to track.
- Uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, known for its speed and reliability.
- Ability to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Tracking for outbound links and downloads.
- Configurable options for tracking outbound links as pageviews or events.
- Ability to track downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
Google Analytics by Yoast is considered to be one of the more popular plugins because it offers so many different features and is an invaluable resource when it comes to tracking anything from downloads to outbound pages. If you need a good plugin for tracking your blog, this is definitely one of the best ones you will find online; it is a comprehensive tool that has helped countless WP users to maximize their earning potential.
- Jetpack by WordPress
Jetpack is a very powerful resource that used to be available only on WordPress.com and includes traffic, customization, performance and content tools. Some of the features of this plugin include:
- Mobile theme: A lightweight and customizable theme that is designed specifically for mobile devices, including phones and tablets.
- Content Tools: Enables you to create and publish high quality content with Markdown, Spelling, VideoPress, Shortcode, Post by Email and Embeds. All of these features can be extremely helpful when it comes to generating quality content and getting it seen by as many different people as possible.
There are a number of reasons why Jetpack is such a popular WP plugin, including the fact that it has a very simple design that doesn’t put any unnecessary stress on the user’s server. You will also find that this plug has a social networking enabled comment system, allows you to post your blog from any email client, offers full integration with popular social networks and much more. When it comes to plugins that serve multiple purposes and help with creating and distributing content effectively, this is one of the best that exists right now.
- WordPress Importer
This WP plugin helps with importing comments, tags, custom fields, categories and more to a WordPress export file. Those who are looking to make the switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org will find this plugin to be especially useful. Some of the different things that this plugin will allow you to export include:
- Posts, pages and other types of custom posts
- Categories, tags and terms from custom taxonomies
This is one of the more popular WP plugins you will find, mostly because of how simple its design is and how well it works.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
When it comes to improving your WP site’s SEO performance, this plugin may be exactly what you need. WordPress SEO by Yoast enhances the user’s ability to optimize their website and increase revenue significantly. The Yoast team offer top notch support and it will make getting your website to rank higher much easier. Some of the features of this plugin include:
- Page Analytics: This plugin’s Page Analytics function checks a number of simple but important things that many people tend to forget about. It can check whether or not your posts are long enough, if you have filled out a meta description and if it contains your primary keyword as well as if you have used any subheadings in your post. Although it may seem like a small feature, it is a very useful one nonetheless.
- RSS Optimization: If you are being outranked by countless other pages and want to start getting the upper hand, the RSS Optimization feature of this plugin can definitely be of help. When you automatically add a link to your RSS feed linking back to the original article, you are directing the search engine where to look for the original. When you do this, the plugin increases the ranking of your website for the keywords you have selected.
- Social Integration: SEO is directly related to Social Media, and it helps to have a plugin with social integration like this one. This WP plugin can help you to distribute your content to a greater number of people with Facebook OpenGraph implementation as well as Google+ sharing tags.
- Multi-Site Compatibility: The WordPress SEO plugin has full multi-site compatibility. The XML Sitemaps work well in all different setups and you can go into the Network settings to copy the settings from one blog to another, or even make blogs default for the settings for a certain blog.
All of the above-mentioned WordPress plugins can be extremely useful, especially if you are struggling to get your website ranking and aren’t making nearly as much money from it as you could be. The right plugins can make all the difference, so you will want to look into some of these options.